This is an exceptional and extremely beautiful one-of-a-kind Diamond. It’s the Second largest D-Flawless Diamond ever discovered. It is a unique, historical member of the World’s Natural Wonders. The De Beers Millennium Star is one of the most Amazing Famous Diamonds ever!
- Weight: 203.04 ct.
- Shape/Cut: Pear Shaped Brilliant Cut
- Color: D
- Clarity: FL
- Uncut Rough Weight: 777.00 ct.
Mine Origin: Mbuji-Mayi, Zaire (Alluvial Deposits)
Cutter: Steinmetz Diamond Group
Current Owner: De Beers Group
Last Sold By: N/A
Price Sold For: N/A (Supposedly Insured for 100 million English pounds)
- Discovered in alluvial deposits in Mbuji-Mayi, Zaire in 1990
- Set Record for the 6th Largest Gem Quality Rough ever discovered (777 ct.)
- Purchased by De Beers Group in the mid-90’s
- Cut by the Steinmetz Diamond Group
- The cutting process took over 3 years
- Set Record for the Second Largest D-Flawless Diamond in the World (203.04 ct.)
- Displayed with the De Beers Millennium Jewels in the London Dome in 1999
- Displayed at The Splendor of Diamonds Exhibit in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C. in 2003