This is a rare and extremely beautiful one-of-a-kind Diamond. It’s the largest and finest Fancy Red Diamond ever discovered. It is a unique, historical member of the World’s Natural Wonders. The Moussaieff Red is truly an Amazing Famous Diamond!
- Weight: 5.11 ct.
- Shape/Cut: Triangular Shape Brilliant Cut (Trillion Cut)
- Color: Fancy Red
- Clarity: Internally Flawless
- Uncut Rough Weight: 13.9 ct.
- Graded by: Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
Mine Origin: Abaetezinho River, Alto Paranaiba, Brazil
Cutter: The William Goldberg Diamond Corporation
Current Owner: Moussaieff Jewelers Ltd.
Last Sold By: The William Goldberg Diamond Corporation
Price Sold For: Approximately $8 million (rumored)
- Found by a Brazilian farmer in the Abaetezinho River in the Alto Paranaiba region of Brazil in the early 1990s
- Bought and Cut by The William Goldberg Diamond Corporation
- Set Record for the Largest Naturally Colored Fancy Red Diamond ever graded by GIA
- Named the Red Shield
- Bought in the early 2000s by Shlomo Moussaieff (Moussaieff Jewelers Ltd.)
- Renamed the Moussaieff Red
- Exhibited at ‘The Splendor of Diamonds’ exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC from June 27 – September 30, 2003
- Exhibited at another exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC from July 8, 2005 – February 26, 2006
- Mounted as a ring