This is an exceptional and extremely beautiful one-of-a-kind Diamond. It’s the largest Fancy Vivid Blue-Green Diamond ever discovered. It is a notable addition to the World of Natural Wonders. The Ocean Dream is truly an Amazing Famous Diamond!
- Weight: 5.50 ct.
- Shape/Cut: Modified Triangular (Trillion) Brilliant
- Color: Fancy Vivid Blue-Green
- Clarity: SI1
- Measurements: 11.49 x 11.46 x 6.49 mm
- Polish: Very Good
- Symmetry: Good
- Uncut Rough Weight: 11.27 ct.
- Graded by: Gemological Institute of America – GIA report number 12617808, dated 18 March 2014
Mine Origin: Central Africa
Cutter: Most Likely Cut by Cora International/Cora Diamond Corp. (Previous owners)
Current Owner: Unknown
Last Sold By: Christie’s Auction House
Price Sold For: $8.6 Million, Geneva, May 14, 2014
- Displayed at the Smithsonian’s “Splendor of Diamonds” Exhibition in 2003
- Graded by GIA on March 18, 2014
- Set Record for Largest Fancy Vivid Blue-Green Diamond to be graded by GIA
- Sold at Christie’s Magnificent Jewels auction in Geneva on May 14, 2014
- Set record for the most expensive Green Diamond ever to be sold at auction ($8.6 million)
- Set record for the highest per carat price ever sold at auction for any Green Diamond ($1.5 million per carat)